[Nhcoll-l] "Accession" software conversion

Beth Copeland bcopeland at hmns.org
Thu Jan 2 10:50:02 EST 2014

Sorry, I replied off-list to Ms. Ortiz.
We currently have the database software Accession, written for Macs back in the late 1980s (I think the last update was 1992(!)). There are several old iMacs here that we nurture along so we can use the program. We will soon begin the process of migrating to Emu.
I don't understand the tech-aspect of this dinosaur of a program, but in the past, minds greater than mine have tried to migrate data out of it & found it very difficult. Now, we are leaving it to the professionals!
If there isn't a lot of data stored in the program, I would be inclined to print it out & just re-enter it.
Good luck!
Beth

Beth Copeland
Collections