[Nhcoll-l] long-term storage of amphibian larvae in formalin

A.J.van_Dam at lumc.nl A.J.van_Dam at lumc.nl
Thu Jul 3 03:25:36 EDT 2014

Just to add to Rob's comments, of course change of fluid should be decided on pH monitoring, not on the collection example I mentioned where indeed several variables can be of influence (temp./specimen/container/seal/buffer molarity etc.). Still I would recommend when acidity has significantly lowered (more than one pH, coming close to pH 5) to change the fluid.

Regards,

Dries.

Andries J. van Dam, conservator

Museum of Anatomy
Leiden University Medical Center
Building 3 (V3-32)
P.O.Box 9600
2300 RC Leiden
The Netherlands
tel: +31 (0)71 52 68356
E-mail: A.J.van_Dam at lumc.nl
Visiting address: Hippocratespad 21
Scientific associate Natural History Museum London
http://www.nhm.ac.uk<http://www.nhm.ac.uk/>
Directory Board member ICOM-CC
http://www.icom-cc.org<http://www.icom-cc.org/>

Director Alcomon Company