[Nhcoll-l] Formalin testing in ethanol solutions

Bentley, Andrew Charles abentley at ku.edu
Mon Jul 14 11:31:10 EDT 2014

Paul

I have used Rob Waller's A-F test strips in the past with success but cannot say that I have used them extensively.  He sent me a package of them some time ago and I still have a large number left.  Would be happy to send you some samples if you like.

The work was published here:

Waller and McAllister 1987.  A spot test for distinguishing formalin from alcohol solutions.  Curator 30(3): 240-249

Also, he sent a photocopy of something called EM Quant test strips that apparently work well too but I have not used them:

https://us.vwr.com/store/catalog/product.jsp?product_id=4644452

Formaldehyde listed as $80 for 100 strips

Andy

    A  :             A  :             A  :
 }<(((_°>.,.,.,.}<(((_°>.,.,.,.}<)))_°>
    V                V                V