[Nhcoll-l] dermestid and clothes moth infestation

Hawks, Catharine HawksC at si.edu
Wed Jun 11 13:20:54 EDT 2014

I have one concern about heating to 150F - which is that this is about the shrinking temperature of collagen that is in good condition (62-65C). Degraded (which could simply mean "aged" ) and skin that has been treated in various ways (alum talwed, etc.) will have a lower Ts.

Cathy
Catharine Hawks, PA-AIC, FIIC
Museum Conservator
National Museum of Natural History