[Nhcoll-l] Advice for pests in collections

Benamy,Elana eb468 at drexel.edu
Thu May 29 11:03:26 EDT 2014

Just a caution on the silicone sealant.  The bugs may find the offgassing acetic acid vapor distasteful, but it’s probably not great for the collection either.  Some materials are more vulnerable than others, but an acidic environment should be discouraged.

Elana Benamy
Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University