[Nhcoll-l] Algae on limestone track ways

Monaghan, Nigel nmonaghan at museum.ie
Mon Nov 24 11:58:46 EST 2014

Elizabeth

Many years ago I processed limestones for micropalaeontology and we used household bleach to kill of lichens and algae from the bedrock we were processing.

Nigel

Mr Nigel T. Monaghan,
Keeper,
Natural History Division,
National Museum of Ireland,
Merrion Street,
Dublin 2,
IRELAND

+353-1-6486354 (phone)
+353-1-6486380 (fax)
nmonaghan at museum.ie<mailto:nmonaghan at museum.ie>
www.museum.ie<blocked::outbind://24/www.museum.ie>

Group Bookings should be addressed to bookings at museum.ie<mailto:bookings at museum.ie>
Research visitors must make appointments in advance of any proposed visit.

Visit: See our profile and download the App at www.dublinculturetrail.ie<http://www.dublinculturetrail.ie/Venue.aspx?id=120bc173-a5de-4b8d-ab1d-7568d9a34b11>
Watch: We are one of the Dublin stories on www.storymap.ie<http://www.storymap.ie/> also at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VunX2u_mQWw
Read: Guide to the National Museum of Ireland - Natural History, €5.95 from Museum Shops
Follow: Spoticus, our Rothschild's giraffe who speaks his own mind on Twitter http://twitter.com/SpotticusNH
Poetry 1: Dead Zoo – the poem that won a prize at http://www.poetryireland.ie/publications/ted-mcnulty-prize.html
Poetry 2: Dead Zoo – a whole book of poetry http://www.gallerypress.com/shop/#!/~/product/id=28033815
Member: Merrion Square Network www.merrionsquare.ie<http://www.merrionsquare.ie/>
Tour: Behind the scenes with Keeper of the Dead http://www.alonzeproductions.com/other-projects.html

Winners: Best Access and Outreach Initiative - Museum of the Year Awards 2004