[Nhcoll-l] Seed banks

Jeanette Girosky jeanettegirosky at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 3 14:58:41 EST 2015

Hi,Our facility is currently investigating the feasibility of a seed bank. We are located on a unique ecological preserve/state park....Presque Isle in Erie, PA. As we battle invasives, our concern is that we are losing plants that grow no where else.
We have two goals...accessioning for Natural History and also for restoration.

In looking for supplies and pricing, I have entered a no-man's land of survivalists and other illegal activities!! I cannot seem to find any legitimate resources!

Any advice or contacts that could be made on this list would be appreciated.
Thank you,Jeanette GiroskyNatural History Museum of the Tom Ridge Environmental Center301 Peninsula Dr.Erie, PA 16505814-833-7215