[Nhcoll-l] seeking repositories for personal collection data

CSTURMJR at pitt.edu CSTURMJR at pitt.edu
Wed Dec 9 12:44:24 EST 2015

Jodi,

Not exactly sure about the premise, however, I don't believe that I would
be willing to maintain the data in a personal collection without the
specimens as vouchers. I maintain a small collection of mollusks. Those
which do not involve my research are transfer to the Carnegie Museum;
specimens and data. Those over which I continue to maintain ownership will
be transferred to the Carnegie at some in the future. They will then get
the specimens and all associated data. I would imaging if I wanted to make
the data available now, I would set up a personal webpage and post it
there.

> Please forgive cross-posting.
>
> Does anyone have recommendations for repositories for invertebrate
> specimen data in PERSONAL collections, not an institutional collection?
> Specific to a taxonomic group or general. Thanks for any leads.
>

> Jodi Shippee
> Assistant Data Manager
> Vermont Natural Heritage Inventory
> Vermont Fish & Wildlife Department
> 1 National Life Drive, Davis 2
> Montpelier, VT 05620-3702
> (802)272-2855

> society. See https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.spnhc.org&d=AwIDAw&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=CLFZJ3fvGSmDp7xK1dNZfh6uGV_h-8NVlo3fXNoRNzI&m=ryyd4qEVeaRa2Zdpo4wb2Ii1GILxWhIkLhGiI5r23fg&s=biz23hIuQh_GeJ-XKnplr2-VQSdmrT-JEcVN46KcHXA&e=  for membership information.

Regards,
Charlie
Charlie Sturm

Treasurer
American Malacological Society

Research Associate - Section of Mollusks
Carnegie Museum of Natural History
Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Associate Professor - Family Medicine
Fellow-American Academy of Family Practice
Fellow-Academy of Wilderness Medicine