[Nhcoll-l] The Association for Materials & Methods in Paleontology Annual Meeting (FPCS) is April (15)16-18, 2015

Fox, Marilyn marilyn.fox at yale.edu
Tue Feb 10 14:57:06 EST 2015

please excuse the cross posting

Have you discovered an interesting new technique or material that would be useful in fossil preparation, or have you explored a technique or material that didn't work?  How about doing a case study on a preparation or collections project? Have you made a change in your technique that has made a difference in your preparation?  Please share your results with us, by sharing what we learn in our individual labs, we can all learn and improve the practice of preparation.

The Association for Materials&Methods in Paleontology Annual Meeting (FPCS)  is April (15)16-18, 2015, in Raleigh, NC
http://www.paleomethods.org/annual-meeting/index.html

Workshops will be held on April 15.

For a limited time, membership and Annual Meeting registration are combined at one rate of $110.
If you plan on attending the meeting in April, please join through the Annual Meeting Registration Page.

The deadline for abstract submission is Midnight, February 15th.  Look here for information about submitting an abstract.
http://www.paleomethods.org/annual-meeting/abstract-submission.html

Also see the meeting Facebook page for up to date information.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1573582216195176/

What is AMMP?  AMMP is a non-profit organization of persons interested in the field of paleontological collections care and methodology. This includes conservation, preparation, sampling, and collection of fossil animal remains. AMMP was born out of a need to link professionals, volunteers, and amateurs in the pursuit of providing resources and a venue to discuss treatment of paleontological specimens. The annual meeting began in 2008 under the title Fossil Preparation & Collections Symposium. The growing attendance of successive meetings mandated the incorporation of the Association.

[cid:27F606F4-3061-42C3-8A52-AEE2F74DA9B8]