[Nhcoll-l] TY for excellent safety protection program details

Kathryn Makos kamakos at verizon.net
Mon Feb 16 12:24:57 EST 2015

Dear Dirk and all,

Thank you for expanding upon your facility's extensive worker/visitor safety
programs, and I apologize for my initial email; I wasn't intending to be
critical just wanted to expand upon the complications with this issue here
in US.  Likewise, US Workers Comp covers workplace injuries/illnesses for
most people under the facility's responsibility (agreements with interns,
postdocs and visiting scientists included).  The pregnancy angle introduces
the possible rights of offspring to sue, and that angle is usually covered
by a facility's legal and/or human resources department.  The US Dept of
Justice (and any individual State justice dept) has legal guidance on this
issue should anyone find their employer in need of this.

Kathy Makos

Message: 2