[Nhcoll-l] Small Museum Association Conference

Gil Nelson gnelson at bio.fsu.edu
Tue Jan 13 09:55:06 EST 2015

January 13, 2014

Dear Small Museum and Collection Colleagues,

The Small Collection Network (SCNet) is interested in working with small
museums to identify ongoing challenges and emerging issues related to
managing, promoting, and sustaining small collections.By collaboration
across disciplines and joining resources we hope to leverage our
individual efforts for the advantage of the whole.We will be initiating
this conversation at the upcoming 2015 Small Museum Association
Conference in Ocean City, Maryland:

(https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.smallmuseum.org_event-2D1753617&d=AwICaQ&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=CLFZJ3fvGSmDp7xK1dNZfh6uGV_h-8NVlo3fXNoRNzI&m=KwTlD3pubOHKo5TE7tnhCIcn_g4--ktek17112Pl2SU&s=QKjAhUq6AtQIOjioffY6MbsrJUeJPt_mfIW5STxvSOg&e= )

Please consider attending and joining us for a brief presentation
followed by a roundtable discussion highlighting current SCNet
initiatives, opportunities for collaboration, and strategies for
promoting and enhancing small museums and collections.

The discussion session, The Small Collections Network: Fostering
Cross-disciplinary Collaboration among Small Museums and Collections, is
scheduled for February 16, 9:30-10:30 a.m.

We look forward to lively and productive discussion,

Gil Nelson and Anna Monfils

--
Gil Nelson, PhD
Assistant Professor/Research