[Nhcoll-l] Strategic plan/vision for the collection community

Derek Sikes dssikes at alaska.edu
Thu Jan 22 15:42:08 EST 2015

Recollect everything that doesn't already have modern specimens, so it is
digitized as part of the preparation process, has highly precise
geocoordinates, and DNA-quality tissues saved. I like the vision of museums
as active biodiversity inventory processing centers.

-Derek

--

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Derek S. Sikes, Curator of Insects

dssikes at alaska.edu

phone: 907-474-6278
FAX: 907-474-5469

University of Alaska Museum  -  search 265,000 digitized arthropod records
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.uaf.edu_museum_collections_ento_&d=AwIBAw&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=CLFZJ3fvGSmDp7xK1dNZfh6uGV_h-8NVlo3fXNoRNzI&m=kKqmzg__ZBTWq97rr78utSZpRoOIx8f2EHz__6_DL3o&s=RyqNf_qUceqKL6GSMGwOVofwN2u8vPU7gPweUmUAu-A&e=

Society and / or sign up for the email listserv "Alaska Entomological
Network" at
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.akentsoc.org_contact.php&d=AwIBAw&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=CLFZJ3fvGSmDp7xK1dNZfh6uGV_h-8NVlo3fXNoRNzI&m=kKqmzg__ZBTWq97rr78utSZpRoOIx8f2EHz__6_DL3o&s=cXwKroZ-vMqRbg_u5BCQCmEAU9wZ9tcl-5pEpf3WJwM&e=