[Nhcoll-l] boxes for insects SUPPLIER

Jay R Cordeiro Jay.Cordeiro at umb.edu
Thu Jan 29 12:08:59 EST 2015

Hello, Irit and others.

Here at Northeast Natural History & Supply, we distribute archival museum specimen trays as well as storage/display drawers.  It sounds like this is what you require and I hope you will consider our product.  All are designed for preserving your natural history specimen collections.

All drawers are constructed of poplar and/or basswood with masonite bottoms and kiln dried to avoid warping.  Corners are glued and v-nailed.  Tight fitting single sheet glass lids, pull knobs, and card holders are optionally available.  A clear sanding polyethylene lacquer is applied as a finish.  A single sheet glass window covers the top.  Drawers are designed to fit one of three different size spaces in stainless steel cabinets produced by major manufacturers: Smithsonian/NMNH, Cornell, California Academy, Southwest Solutions, Lane, Viking.

Our specimen trays are designed for curation, storage, rehousing, and display; and can be utilized for shells, minerals, skeletal material, feathers, eggs, skins, anthropological objects, fossils, glass vials, as well as other materials, memorabilia, and valuables. Archival trays are custom-manufactured in a variety of sizes and are nested for maximum storage efficiency.

Please contact me at your convenience and I can send images, product specs, samples, and/or pricing.

Regards,

Jay Cordeiro