[Nhcoll-l] Rehydrating crustaceans

Poly, William WPoly at calacademy.org
Sat Jul 4 09:16:51 EDT 2015

Here are other techniques to try for rehydrating crustaceans and other invertebrates; also see references in Jeppesen (1988).  Good luck!

Jeppesen, P. C. 1988. Use of vacuum in rehydration of biological tissue, with a review of liquids used. Crustaceana 55(3): 268–273.

Thompson, J. R., M. H. Thompson, and S. Drummond. 1966. A method for restoring dried crustacean specimens to taxonomically usable condition. Crustaceana 10(1): 109.

Bill