[Nhcoll-l] Online Course: Exhibit Fundamentals: Ideas to Installation begins April 6, 2015

Helen Alten helen at collectioncare.org
Tue Mar 24 14:34:57 EDT 2015

*Online course: Exhibit Fundamentals: Ideas to Installation begins April
6, 2015*

*
*

*MS 106: Exhibit Fundamentals: Ideas to Installation *

April 6 to May 15, 2015

Instructor: Lin Nelson-Mayson

Location: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__museumclasses.org&d=AwICAw&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=CLFZJ3fvGSmDp7xK1dNZfh6uGV_h-8NVlo3fXNoRNzI&m=nUafurLH2rdDnTQz5zVCx9iWv7iAa-9Hm67kBXzURpI&s=oW5uRKrysY8ZxhsVwQ_3Yg_7rBYqRrWdHe4OXKor_JE&e=

Nearly every museum develops exhibits, but how can we improve
communication with visitors while taking care of our objects? Exhibit
Fundamentals explores exhibits from idea to final installation in a
variety of settings. Topics include exhibit theory, the role of the
museum's mission, creating a timeline, accessibility and script writing.
Also covered are design elements, installation techniques, object safety
and security, visitor safety and evaluations. Each student develops an
exhibit plan for his or her museum.

For more information and to sign up:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.collectioncare.org_exhibit-2Dfundamentals-2Dideas-2Dinstallation-2Dline-2Dcourse&d=AwICAw&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=CLFZJ3fvGSmDp7xK1dNZfh6uGV_h-8NVlo3fXNoRNzI&m=nUafurLH2rdDnTQz5zVCx9iWv7iAa-9Hm67kBXzURpI&s=8Wtr3Z9Y6LqGcy1FJQHwhnLitmCyFyDgWduFUTjdsy8&e=

Feel free to contact me with questions

--
Helen Alten
Northern States Conservation Center