[Nhcoll-l] Powerful vacuum cleaners - recommendations needed!

Gali Beiner gali.beiner at mail.huji.ac.il
Thu Nov 19 03:41:28 EST 2015

Dear All,

We're planning to purchase a new vacuum cleaner for the purpose of cleaning
collection spaces. The idea is that a good vacuum cleaner can substantially
help housekeeping, because ca. 95% of the usual commonplace insect pests
and their eggs may be got rid of via the rotor speed, low pressure inside
the vacuum cleaner, or dehydration. Of course, this device is NOT meant for
direct use on objects or specimens (we have a vacuum for that).

It will be good to hear if you have experience with specific brands of good
vacuum cleaners with the following guidelines -

1. Suitable for cleaning large spaces but also for going into corners,
under cabinets etc.

2. Powerful! Needs to be effective in terms of rotor speed etc.

3. No tendency to go bust....  that is, easy enough to maintain.

Many thanks,

Gali
--
Gali Beiner (ACR)