[Nhcoll-l] Unknown numbers on unionid valves.

Nancy Glover McCartney nmccartn at uark.edu
Tue Oct 20 15:15:26 EDT 2015

Hello, everyone:

I have been reviewing the unionids in the collection, and find that 10+ lots have carefully inked in numbers on some of the valves.  As many of these lots have no associated id or location, it would be a useful to know if the numbers were referring to a publication which might give that information indirectly.  Most lots have dates in the 1910s, and the whole collection was accessioned in 1938.  I'd surely appreciate some guidance from those of you who know far more about freshwater mussels than I do.  The lots are part of the A.J. Brown Collection and he traded with everyone.

Thanks in advance:

NMcC

Nancy Glover McCartney, PhD
Curator of Zoology
UA Collections Facility
120 BIOMASS
University of Arkansas
2435 Hatch
Fayetteville AR 72701

Phone: 479-575-4370
Fax: 479-575-7464

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__museum.uark.edu_index.php&d=AwIFAw&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=CLFZJ3fvGSmDp7xK1dNZfh6uGV_h-8NVlo3fXNoRNzI&m=G0iEDG1F6pz_4CA7LKPpqXugYDq84dhB-y98YDJlGfs&s=-O6QSUgGDqC8i74OMzhaqZ3DiBMR1dnOv1ehd1LmvWg&e=