[Nhcoll-l] The Growing Power of the Ranks of the Dead

Brown, Matthew A matthewbrown at utexas.edu
Tue Oct 27 11:40:41 EDT 2015

This is spot-on satire, but it is probably worth pointing out for the sake of our younger members (who may be less cynical than you and I) that the reason so many people accept evolution or understand the importance of museums is because many, many individuals dedicate their time to education. Be it groups like the National Center for Science Education testifying before Congress or the Texas School Board, Kevin Padian’s testimony during the Dover trial, a teacher in a classroom, or museum docents talking to families on the exhibit floor- each of these avenues has the power to change one mind. Even if we can’t win over everyone, it remains our job to try.

Regards,

Matt

Interested in creating undergraduate research opportunities? Want to participate in the legacy of the Works Progress Administration?
Please support our crowdfunding campaign today- https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__hornraiser.utexas.edu_texasfossils&d=AwIF-g&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=CLFZJ3fvGSmDp7xK1dNZfh6uGV_h-8NVlo3fXNoRNzI&m=6MsfcsatmHQjPqmY-IWa5I07Nm19xHZj9aHZO4EZGJw&s=BEIpjSZqCwOYi0oh5h8WnMW4Y_0xIHkMvVTyz6WF0pU&e=

Matthew A. Brown
Director of Museum Operations, Vertebrate Paleontology Laboratory
Lecturer, Department of Geological Sciences
Jackson School of Geosciences
The University of Texas at Austin
R7600, Austin, TX 78758
Office:(512)232-5515