[Nhcoll-l] Species with Long Shelf Lives

Christopher Kemp cjkemp at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 15:06:42 EDT 2015

Friends,

Periodically, I annoy you in order to gather more examples of species with
long shelf lives for my book, now under contract with University of Chicago
Press. I'm sorry if some of you have seen this before. I'm always hopeful
that others haven't yet, and that it makes it to the right person. So, if
you've responded before, no need to now (and thank you!). The criteria:
species with specimens that were collected in the field decades ago -- like
70 years, 100 years, longer -- and then sat in collections until their
recent description, say post-2005. Yes, some species are cryptic, others
were oversplit, etc. There's all sorts of reasons for this happening. But I
want more examples still. I have about 20 or so, and I'm aiming for 30 or
more.

Let me know if you think of any more!!!

Best,

--ck

--
"I am getting so far out, one day I won't come back at all."

-- William S. Burroughs