[Nhcoll-l] Laminating Ethafoam

Pellegrini, Rodrigo Rodrigo.Pellegrini at sos.nj.gov
Tue Sep 29 09:55:56 EDT 2015

I've used a hot glue gun to laminate ethafoam. The long-term stability of the glue itself will of course depend on the hot/melt glue you use (really, a thermoplastic), but it works well and my understanding is these glues are relatively stable and produce little to no VOCs. You should check the properties of the glue stick you will use to make sure it is suitable before use, of course. But still, remember that no specimens would be on direct contact with the glue at any rate, and the ethafoam itself should act as a seal, so I think this might be a viable solution for you.

Regards,

Rod

Rodrigo Pellegrini, MA, MS
Registrar, Natural History Bureau