[Nhcoll-l] Historic USDA bird observation records?

Erica Krimmel ekrimmel at naturemuseum.org
Thu May 19 15:43:23 EDT 2016

Hi all,

The USDA had a Division of Ornithology and Mammalogy in the late 1800s
that recorded bird observations at different stations (among other
things). Has anyone seen any of these such records already digitized? We
have a researcher interested in historic bird observations who is
considering transcribing our paper copies, but before he does that I
figured I would make sure he isn't re-doing work, since what we have in
our archives are marked as copies of what the original observer mailed
in to USDA (in 1893...).

Much thanks,

Erica

Erica Krimmel | Assistant Collections Manager

The Chicago Academy of Sciences / Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum

2430 North Cannon Drive, Chicago, IL 60614 | 773-755-5118 |
www.naturemuseum.org

Museum Collections and Archives, Collections Facility and Office

4001 North Ravenswood Avenue, Suite 201, Chicago, IL 60613

The Urban Gateway to Nature and Science