[Nhcoll-l] ExCell Plus formalin alternative for larval fishes

couteaufin at btinternet.com couteaufin at btinternet.com
Tue Sep 6 13:22:26 EDT 2016

Thanks for the heads-up on this Adam,

Although I can offer no advice on this topic as I have never heard of/used this tissue fixative which appears to ‘ tick all the boxes’.  If anyone has any info. or experience in the use and efficacy of this and other fixative agents that have been developed as 10% formalin alternatives (such as Carolina fixative), I would be most interested to hear about them.

With all good wishes, Simon.

Simon Moore, MIScT, FLS, RScI, ACR
Conservator of Natural Sciences & Cutlery Historian,
www.natural-history-conservation.com

From: Adam E. Cohen