[Nhcoll-l] Looking for examples and information of mammal specimen labels/catalogue entry

Huong Lien Tran huong.tran at uq.net.au
Mon Apr 24 05:28:20 EDT 2017

Hi all,

Our museum is having a small project to revise our current specimens labels, since currently we do not have an official museum label for different specimens group. We staff are asked to provide some examples from other museums in the world as a reference.  I have been digging around the internet for awhile and found quite a few photos. However, my problems is not having the specific information (size; different types for holotype/paratype/.. or research/education/exhibition stuff, .. and large/small mammal groups). Therefore, I was wondering if anyone managing mammal collections could provide us some photos/templates for specimens labels (both research and exhibit specimens) form and Catalogue entry form.

Also, do you have specific suppliers for those label (paper, ink)?

Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Lien

Huong-Lien Tran
Department of Specimen Collections Management
[https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__outlook.office365.com_owa_service.svc_s_GetFileAttachment-3Fid-3DAAMkADkyYWEwZjUzLTVkOWQtNDhmNy04MDg0LWVlYmFmMTY3ODFmMQBGAAAAAACBCiKfw2KYTrLlUkIw90cIBwAnmIoeugTWQKyPO5b5ns9eAAAAGZDKAADrRvnGFqVKRK5a-252FmmhFtVEAAGYAJX5AAABEgAQAAH-252BWqQNqfZPin07uBl6ylk-253D-26X-2DOWA-2DCANARY-3DqvH747bu-2DkiAcSAI1PuRJdBj7HAwzdIYiznHZL9sj4a2Ab1mcmO87yvapsviutVAZxAmYO5De30&d=DwIFAw&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=CLFZJ3fvGSmDp7xK1dNZfh6uGV_h-8NVlo3fXNoRNzI&m=LU1ntFSR3E1PBXZ_w_kTJGE6mTaIauweMib95gWIncc&s=fYSZ7tdDlo8u4ERMoznbKumjmF3EO8PpzG5aDcLix8I&e= .]

Room 222, A20, VIETNAM ACADEMY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY