[Nhcoll-l] Catalogue number requests - paleontology

Prondzinski, Mary Beth mbprondzinski at ua.edu
Fri Apr 28 11:27:49 EDT 2017

As Collections Manager here at the University of Alabama, I don’t like this practice myself.  Too many times our accommodating the collector has resulted in specimen(s) that have never been received, or worse, the donor reneges on his/her promise to deposit the specimen(s) in our institution.  I think it is a bad practice assigning numbers to phantom specimens, especially the way people move around these days (!)  It makes it nearly impossible to keep track of the specimens’ whereabouts.

Mary Beth

Mary B. Prondzinski
Collections Manager, Natural History Museum
The University of Alabama<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.ua.edu_&d=DwIGaQ&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=CLFZJ3fvGSmDp7xK1dNZfh6uGV_h-8NVlo3fXNoRNzI&m=aUAoDXz4dp6PnIbrQZPEQIRBWeNpNEJ9LDy5CTbV6yU&s=3CV7O624o_VxgkkoAcM2m0vGhSJc66PHVFkMl0ZxKrA&e= >
356 Mary Harmon Bryant
Box 870340
Tuscaloosa, AL 35487
Phone 205-348-5625<tel:205-348-5625> | Mobile 847-814-2048<tel:847-814-2048>
mbprondzinski at ua.edu<mailto:mbprondzinski at ua.edu> | https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__amnh.ua.edu_&d=DwIGaQ&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=CLFZJ3fvGSmDp7xK1dNZfh6uGV_h-8NVlo3fXNoRNzI&m=aUAoDXz4dp6PnIbrQZPEQIRBWeNpNEJ9LDy5CTbV6yU&s=s4IvxpbzHRU69Fpb6ucLW1fus87-_eCJJRDEkDay4D4&e=
[Facebook]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.facebook.com_ALMNH_&d=DwIGaQ&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=CLFZJ3fvGSmDp7xK1dNZfh6uGV_h-8NVlo3fXNoRNzI&m=aUAoDXz4dp6PnIbrQZPEQIRBWeNpNEJ9LDy5CTbV6yU&s=tQqgpTYKFJLzA1QbSy6_hnzPUp1_UKC8VMRt68Dldlw&e= >