[Nhcoll-l] FW: National Heritage Responders Available to Help After Hurricane Harvey

Thiers, Barbara bthiers at nybg.org
Thu Aug 31 13:53:06 EDT 2017

From: HERBARIA [mailto:herbaria-bounces at nacse.org] On Behalf Of Melissa Islam
Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2017 1:48 PM
To: herbaria at NACSE.ORG
Subject: [HERBARIA] National Heritage Responders Available to Help After Hurricane Harvey

For those collections in need of assistance, please see the message below from the National Heritage Responders. I checked with them, and they are able to respond to natural history collections and of course, all of the other types of materials, photographs, slides, books etc. that our collections hold. Melissa

As the south begins to assess the effects of Hurricane Harvey, the National Heritage Responders stand ready to assist. The NHR is a highly skilled team of conservators and other collections care professionals with expertise in emergency response for cultural heritage collections. The team responds to the needs of cultural institutions during emergencies and disasters through coordinated efforts with first responders, state agencies, vendors and the public.

Cultural heritage institutions affected by Hurricane Harvey are encouraged to call the NHR hotline for advice and referrals.  All assistance provided by the National Heritage Responders is free, funded by grants and generous donations to the Foundation of the American Institute for Conservation.

The NHR are available and ready to assist those collecting institutions impacted by this historic storm. Please call our hotline at 202-661-8068 or e-mail nhr at conservation-us.org<mailto:nhr at conservation-us.org>.

Rebecca Elder
Coordinator
National Heritage Responders
Rebecca at elderpreservationcom
Direct: 512-699-3494

NHR Hotline 202-661-8068

Melissa Islam, PhD
Associate Director of
Research & Head Curator of Gardens' Herbaria
Denver Botanic Gardens
909 York Street
Denver, CO 80206
720-865-3589 Phone
www.botanicgardens.org<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.botanicgardens.org_&d=DwIFAg&c=cjytLXgP8ixuoHflwc-poQ&r=LpYc_Z_iN1KRw0hheb3x6-8MJUMu482qfHowpGYJqwc&m=xr4uytvPnWWqWpRgM3WZwdyh0AMIqzYPfe85aYmGQbc&s=aI1r4IRs-Do4b0gugwgnyylZHwTce0QIv8A4DShr-Gk&e= >