[Nhcoll-l] Details for Botany Bill - HR 1054 - ACTION ALERT

Peter Rauch peterar at berkeley.edu
Sat Feb 25 12:21:47 EST 2017

I am wondering what meaning is intended by this statement in the "Talking
Points" document,

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__plantconservationalliance.org_files_pca_Talking-2520Points-2520Seed-2520Strategy-2520and-2520Botany-2520Bill.pdf&d=DwIBaQ&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=CLFZJ3fvGSmDp7xK1dNZfh6uGV_h-8NVlo3fXNoRNzI&m=KsMMVHi9t8WMcvLWUZhWFr52jpZl0pJc0GZjGHeMfbg&s=sjsN_Qu9zFQTBAnMkoE0-LaSZ6VDYTigc0i_JLvsrc4&e=

"... and the potentially catastrophic effects on a 12 state region of a
listing of the grouse as an endangered species."

Will the listing create a catastrophic effect on those states?  If so, why
would those states not fight against the proposed listing?

Or, is there some more esoteric meaning being intended by the statement,
such as "Gee, these states will be embarrassed and economically impacted by
a listing of the Sage grouse, dissuading Sage grouse tourism, for example" ?

And, btw, in my opinion this statement does not contain very persuasive
"talking points".

In any case, this Sage grouse Talking Point needs some urgent attention.

Peter