[Nhcoll-l] Repositories of botanical materials exhibited in World Fairs, rankings of botanical gardens through time?

Jorge A. Santiago-Blay blayjorge at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 07:32:44 EDT 2017

Hello:

I have a couple of questions pertaining to collections.

1. Does anyone know if there is a database (digital or manual) indicating
the repositories of botanical materials exhibited in World fairs through
history? Thus far, it seems to me the best I can do is contact the closest
large museums at the time of the exhibit and ask if the materials are
deposited there.

2. Is there a ranking (based on, say, number of holdings and/or reputation,
etc.) of botanical gardens and arboreta of the world through time, ideally
yearly?

If you wish to reply constructively, please send me an email directly to:

blayjorge at gmail.com

Gratefully,

Jorge