[Nhcoll-l] Question about converting insects from riker to pin mounts

Senge, Dana dana_senge at nps.gov
Wed Mar 8 10:29:54 EST 2017

Hello!

We many insects in Riker mounts. I am interested in understanding if it is
possible to shift/convert these to a pin mounted system to improve space
use and, in my view, long term preservation.

I did a quick literature search and didn't see anything that helped me
understand if this has been tested/tried, or is a ridiculous idea! (I
imagine it would be difficult and one would risk loss of significant
components).

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Dana

--
Dana Senge
Senior Objects Conservator
dana_senge at nps.gov
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__mail.google.com_mail_-3Fview-3Dcm-26fs-3D1-26tf-3D1-26to-3Ddana-5Fsenge-40nps.gov&d=DwIBaQ&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=CLFZJ3fvGSmDp7xK1dNZfh6uGV_h-8NVlo3fXNoRNzI&m=1Aw2EYywtwu_IuIICr-fZxaNc5CM3BF8qKVyHjmXZYA&s=ln_JSLdcQ4LNKdFC_GJYvLiK7cCactWTbtpv5bw-l54&e= >
Professional Associate Member- AIC