[Nhcoll-l] Policy Sharing - Affiliated Organizations

Kathy Leacock kleacock at sciencebuff.org
Mon Oct 23 12:02:44 EDT 2017

Colleagues,

The Buffalo Society of Natural Sciences is currently reviewing its process
for Affiliated Organizations. In the spirit of collaboration, would you be
willing to share your organization’s policy?

·         The Buffalo Society of Natural Sciences defines an affiliate as
“Any organization which is in sympathy with the objects of the Society, and
wishes to aid in its support, may become an Affiliate of the Society”

I would love to learn what works (and what doesn’t) as we embark on
reinvigorating our process.

This group was so helpful when we recently updated our Research Associate
policy, I’m hoping that there are some organizations that would be willing
to share once more. It seems that “Affiliates” are not as common as
Research Associates, in the case of the Buffalo Society of Natural
Sciences, some of our affiliated organizations date back to the latter part
of the 19th century. They have also been known as “Scientific Sections” and
are comprised of organizations that encourage avocational and professional
scientists alike.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can offer in this regard,

Best,

Kathy

P.S. Please feel free to forward this message to the most appropriate
person within your organization and respond off-list.

*Kathryn H. Leacock*Director of Collections
Buffalo Museum of Science
1020 Humboldt Parkway
Buffalo, New York 14211

*Tel:* 716 896 5200 x376