[Nhcoll-l] Tail Shark

Fabian Neisskenwirth fabian.neisskenwirth at nmbe.ch
Wed Apr 25 02:21:30 EDT 2018

I would recommend you to dry it more in some oven (at 40°C) for a few more days, to be sure it's completely dry. But the smell is not going away.

If you would rather prefer to make a wet conservation, there is a good method I'm working on now to rehydrate dried out material. Afterwards the tail should be conserved in Ethanol. So there is no smell.
If this is a solution, don't bother to ask about the rehydration, even though it’s a long process (maybe 3 month at least).

Fabian Neisskenwirth
Zoologischer Präparator
Naturhistorisches Museum der Burgergemeinde Bern
Bernastrasse 15
CH-3005 Bern

E-Mail: fabian.neisskenwirth at nmbe.ch
Telefon: ++41 (0)31 350 72 35
Fax: ++41 (0)31 350 74 99
Web: www.nmbe.ch
Bitte denken Sie an die Umwelt, bevor Sie dieses Mail drucken. Avon da stampar questa communicaziun patertgei vid igl ambient. Prima di stampare questo messaggio pensate all' ambiente

Weltuntergang – Ende ohne Ende
Eröffnung: 10. November 2017

Hintergründe und Episoden aus dem Naturhistorischen Museum Bern?
Folgen Sie uns auf Facebook, Twitter und Tumblr!