[Nhcoll-l] Vermiculite as respiratory hazard

Harold Walker hjwalker at ucsd.edu
Fri Feb 9 15:03:02 EST 2018

I agree!   We should stop using vermiculite, particularly when superior
alternatives are readily available.

Thank you very much, Rob!

H.J.

H.J. Walker, Jr.
Scripps Institution of Oceanography
University of California, San Diego  0244
La Jolla, CA  92093-0244

On Fri, Feb 9, 2018 at 11:31 AM, Katherine Maslenikov <pearsonk at uw.edu>
wrote:

> [...]
>>
>> www.flmnh.ufl.edu
>> <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.flmnh.ufl.edu_&d=DwMFAg&c=cjytLXgP8ixuoHflwc-poQ&r=LpYc_Z_iN1KRw0hheb3x6-8MJUMu482qfHowpGYJqwc&m=Iqw-rABiiHQ3eByQyAewlwB1q-VYWcvAnuniUDpC9Nc&s=CzehaqopVMVx9HyaQBsj8qfUQejcKCtDvfhXtbvfdjQ&e=>
>>

>> Search the Collection:
>>
>> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__specifyportal.flmnh.ufl.edu_fishes_&d=DwIFaQ&c=cjytLXgP8ixuoHflwc-poQ&r=LpYc_Z_iN1KRw0hheb3x6-8MJUMu482qfHowpGYJqwc&m=bfuQ2BqRF05rdpiygSozH1JmBtHT80dH24IarwSAXyg&s=sJ31vHZa1WPA7vbgBfJeDv_bAuPdUx5qiLFEWgZL4fs&e=
>> <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__specifyportal.flmnh.ufl.edu_fishes_&d=DwMFAg&c=cjytLXgP8ixuoHflwc-poQ&r=LpYc_Z_iN1KRw0hheb3x6-8MJUMu482qfHowpGYJqwc&m=Iqw-rABiiHQ3eByQyAewlwB1q-VYWcvAnuniUDpC9Nc&s=YN3ACjRbRajYsSdP1EaSHnj3hr9hRXODPapmVfGEV_c&e=>
>>

>> [image: 21082 Scoop on Poop eSignature_FNL]

>> NHCOLL-L is brought to you by the Society for the Preservation of
>> Natural History Collections (SPNHC), an international society whose
>> mission is to improve the preservation, conservation and management of
>> natural history collections to ensure their continuing value to
>> society. See https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.spnhc.org&d=DwIFaQ&c=cjytLXgP8ixuoHflwc-poQ&r=LpYc_Z_iN1KRw0hheb3x6-8MJUMu482qfHowpGYJqwc&m=bfuQ2BqRF05rdpiygSozH1JmBtHT80dH24IarwSAXyg&s=3ou8cxzPqBqg57HfSpfkOlJeFwv_3XLQwfyNiiQ10w8&e=
>> <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.spnhc.org&d=DwMFaQ&c=cjytLXgP8ixuoHflwc-poQ&r=LpYc_Z_iN1KRw0hheb3x6-8MJUMu482qfHowpGYJqwc&m=XADGln4STyh35E1Pfii_aT6FmFWKEOtER1of9zmv7Tc&s=04fXeu9-GpDYXWBzHa0VWzsjL2QnUW6edKy_NVQY4v0&e=>
>> for membership information.
>> Advertising on NH-COLL-L is inappropriate.
>>

> --
> Katherine Pearson Maslenikov
> Collections Manager
> University of Washington Fish Collection
> School of Aquatic and Fishery Sciences and
> Burke Museum of Natural History and Culture
> Box 355100
> Seattle, WA 98195
> (206) 543-3816
> pearsonk at uw.edu
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__uwfishcollection.org&d=DwIFaQ&c=cjytLXgP8ixuoHflwc-poQ&r=LpYc_Z_iN1KRw0hheb3x6-8MJUMu482qfHowpGYJqwc&m=bfuQ2BqRF05rdpiygSozH1JmBtHT80dH24IarwSAXyg&s=9t3gdXfej_xKXqA8Y1tFe3BsUuhu3JUOziqgweeo09I&e=
> <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__uwfishcollection.org&d=DwMFaQ&c=cjytLXgP8ixuoHflwc-poQ&r=LpYc_Z_iN1KRw0hheb3x6-8MJUMu482qfHowpGYJqwc&m=XADGln4STyh35E1Pfii_aT6FmFWKEOtER1of9zmv7Tc&s=8gTZRzUrDugpcvIohZymFlglXD4cyv5PJSnHsqkwAfg&e=>

> society. See https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.spnhc.org&d=DwIFaQ&c=cjytLXgP8ixuoHflwc-poQ&r=LpYc_Z_iN1KRw0hheb3x6-8MJUMu482qfHowpGYJqwc&m=bfuQ2BqRF05rdpiygSozH1JmBtHT80dH24IarwSAXyg&s=3ou8cxzPqBqg57HfSpfkOlJeFwv_3XLQwfyNiiQ10w8&e= for membership information.

H.J. Walker, Jr.
Marine Vertebrate Collection