[Nhcoll-l] "Zip-lock" food storage bags

Curtis Schmidt cjschmidt at fhsu.edu
Mon Feb 26 11:39:56 EST 2018

I had this happen to me a few years ago with a loan return of over 150 toad specimens. They were shipped via UPS and the package was not labeled for containing alcohol. The shipper used WAY too much alcohol and did not seal the package well, resulting in a very wet box. UPS contacted me and stated that they "should" destroy the package and its contents because they didn't know what the fluid was. Thankfully, they allowed me to make a 3-hour drive to pick them up at their facility. So...I agree with the plea for due diligence when it comes to packing and shipping such materials!

Curtis Schmidt

_________________________________

Curtis J. Schmidt

    Zoological Collections Manager