[Nhcoll-l] jar lids

Dirk Neumann dirk.neumann at zsm.mwn.de
Wed Feb 28 06:51:37 EST 2018

Agree with Erik- this is the easiest and most time efficient way. Would
be careful with too much underpressure in historic stopper jars, because
negative pressure puts strong physical stress especially on the glass
neck of stoppered jars. Would do this only with industry lids.

Even then, pickle jars with large opening diameters (> 10 cm) are
difficult to open if the underpressure is too high; you would then have
to lift the lid with a knife or similar to release the underpressure -
and in doing so - scratch the lid (which will then starts rusting).

All the best
Dirk