[Nhcoll-l] Riker Mount Heat Treatment for Pests

Joanna Chu jchu at csumb.edu
Thu Jul 12 19:28:13 EDT 2018

We recently received a donation of several boxes of insect Riker mounts and
at least some have active pest infestations, so we need to either heat
treat or freeze them all. We are fairly limited on freezer space so I was
wondering if anyone has heat treated Riker mount specimens before and has
any info on protocols or contraindications for this method.

Thanks,

*Joanna Chu*

Organismal Biology Lab Support Technician
School of Natural Sciences
California State University, Monterey Bay
100 Campus Center, Seaside CA 93955-8001

831.582.4016
jchu at csumb.edu