[Nhcoll-l] laws concerning transport of Agrypnus notodonta

Donna Meadows dmeadows at hmns.org
Fri Jun 15 11:31:17 EDT 2018

Dear Colleagues -

I have done internet searches on this topic and asked our entomologists but haven't found any hard information.  Would someone please guide me to a website concerning laws and any restrictions on a possible hand-carry of a single specimen of Agrypnus notodonta from Egypt to the United States?  The specimen is intended for exhibit in our Egyptian hall, not for research.

>From what I've been told this species is not endangered but I have concerns about it getting confiscated in customs for whatever reason.  Many thanks in advance for any guidance given, much appreciated!

Donna Meadows
Registrar, Acquisitions
Houston Museum of Natural Science