[Nhcoll-l] Alcohol safe InkJet printers

Tom Schiøtte tschioette at snm.ku.dk
Wed Jun 20 05:36:50 EDT 2018

I would be grateful for information (brand, model and cartridge number) about InkJet printers (not thermo or laser printers) that any of you have been using for labels going into alcohol, and where you have long term experience that the ink stays on the labels and doesn't fade away, rub off or otherwise proves unreliable.

I presently use an HP DeskJet 1220C with cartridge # 45. It is quite satisfactory, but it is also, by now, a quite old machine, and I have checked that other HP printers using cartride # 45 are now discontinued too, so.....

Thanks in anticipation

Tom Schiøtte

Collection manager, Echinodermata & Mollusca
Natural History Museum of Denmark (Zoology)
Universitetsparken 15
DK 2100 Copenhagen OE

+45 35 32 10 48
TSchioette at snm.ku.dk<mailto:TSchioette at snm.ku.dk>