[Nhcoll-l] sex indication in butterfly collection

Erik Åhlander Erik.Ahlander at nrm.se
Thu Jun 28 03:49:05 EDT 2018

This was a not uncommon way of giving sex in natural history collections in general during the 18th and 19th century. Standards, any kind, was a late invention. This example is still understandable! More difficult is when single curators used different code systems, usually based on latin terms.

[nrm_logo]

Erik Åhlander
Collection Manager, fish and herptiles
Swedish Museum of Natural History