[Nhcoll-l] Color Cards

James Erdmann muddynaturalist at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 12:00:35 EDT 2019

Hello All,

I am building a simple platform to photograph small objects (20–50mm), and would like to include a color reference chart for color calibration and quantification projects. The problem is that most professional-grade charts are much larger than is practical (particularly the X-Rite ColorChecker line). The one I have found that is of workable size (2x3”, CameraTrax 24ColorCard) is not very high quality. I have heard of people cutting up the larger charts, but would like more information before taking scissors to a $100+ USD piece of equipment. Any thoughts/suggestions?

Thank you,

James