[Nhcoll-l] Corrected Link- New Job Collections Posting: Collections Digitization Coordinator

Janaki Krishna jkrishna at umnh.utah.edu
Wed Feb 27 12:43:51 EST 2019

Apologies here is correct link for full listing: https://utah.peopleadmin.com/hr/postings/89160

Collections Digitization Coordinator

The Natural History Museum of Utah (UMNH) has a goal to digitize 350,000 of its objects over the next five years. In the role of the Collections Digitization Coordinator (CDC), you will plan, lead, and execute a collections-wide digitization effort to reach this goal in collaboration with other collections staff. We are looking for a team leader with strong written and interpersonal skills and proven project management practices, ideally with experience managing digitization projects or digital assets for museums or other collections repositories. This is a 5-year position; potentially longer term or permanent depending on funding.

Required Skills:
- At least 2 years of experience managing digitization projects or digital assets
- Experience developing and/or implementing data standards
- Demonstrable literacy in database use and management
- Proficiency in image editing software and camera systems
- Understanding of how to create archival quality digital assets
- Demonstrated ability to handle a large volume of digital assets
- Experience working with museum collections
- Highly organized and detail oriented

For full listing: https://utah.peopleadmin.com/hr/postings/89160

At the Natural History Museum of Utah, we recognize that our strength and sustainability as an organization stem from diversity and inclusion. For this reason, we are committed to fostering equity, recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve, and empowering staff members in developing an accessible and inclusive work environment.

We also place a strong emphasis on providing an exceptional experience to every guest who visits the museum or participates in any of our programs. We believe that everyone at NHMU, at every level and in all departments, are a critical part of providing this level of experience. Therefore, all staff members receive ongoing training and are expected to consistently contribute to creating exceptional, memorable, and inclusive experiences for our guests, partners, and the community.

Janaki Krishna
Registrar
Natural History Museum of Utah (UMNH)
Jobs at UMNH: https://nhmu.utah.edu/jobs-nhmu