[Nhcoll-l] Recommended method(s) for cleaning taxidermy mounts.....

Cory Redman corymredman at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 11:17:39 EDT 2019

Our museum will be tackling the task of cleaning our three largest
dioramas.  Each diorama has 30-40 birds and small mammals taxidermy mounts
that have not been cleaned in a decade.  The dioramas were created in the
mid 90's, but the taxidermy mounts are much older than that (assume the
presence of arsenic).

Any recommendations about method and tips or tricks you can pass along
about cleaning would be greatly appreciated.  I am aware of the safety
protection/precautions that need to be employed.  No one on the team,
including myself has tackled such a large job as this.

Cheers,
Cory

--
Cory M. Redman (BSc; MSc; PhD)