[Nhcoll-l] Entomology labeling question

Janet Gillette jgillette at musnaz.org
Fri Nov 15 15:28:36 EST 2019

Hi All,

I'm posting this query for a colleague working in another department:

The Museum of Northern Arizona is currently working on an entomology cataloging project. In order to easily locate individual, pinned specimens we'd like to make sure that the catalog number is clearly visible, however, many of our larger specimens completely eclipse the labels.

Does anyone have any creative way of labeling these types of specimens so that the catalog number is visible?  For context, the labels are rectangles, about a 1/2" long and the width of size 12 font. We're trying to avoid expanding the collection too much, since we do have limited storage space for the Cornell drawers and unit trays.

As always, any advice is welcomed!

Cheers,
Catherine Bollich
Museum of Northern Arizona