[Nhcoll-l] Job Posting: Collections Assistant at the University Museum of Zoology, Cambridge, UK

Matt Lowe mwl34 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Feb 24 10:12:06 EST 2020

Collections Assistant

The University Museum of Zoology, Cambridge (UK) is inviting applications
for a full-time Collections Assistant to assist in the maintenance and
organisation of the collections following the Museum's recent transformative
redevelopment. Collections still in nearby storage in the need to be
assessed, processed and brought back to the museum stores.

This work will uncover new untold stories behind these "hidden" collections,
enabling the Museum team to communicate to the public the nature of working
behind the scenes, the thrill of new discoveries, and the specific
challenges of zoological collections. Our goal is to ensure that the
collections are both appropriately stored and made physically and
intellectually accessible: to researchers, students, stakeholders and
audiences in Cambridge and worldwide.

You will have experience working with museum collections, good oral and
written communication skills, demonstrable IT proficiency and good manual
dexterity for object handling.

Fixed-term: The funds for this post are available for up to 12 months.

Closing date for applications is the 15th March.

For more information and to apply, see here:
http://www.jobs.cam.ac.uk/job/25337/

I'm happy to answer any informal enquiries regarding the role on
MWL34 at cam.ac.uk

Mathew Lowe

Collections Manager

University Museum of Zoology, Cambridge

Downing Street, Cambridge, CB2 3EJ

Tel: 01223 763 086 Internal Dept Tel: 1833

MoZ_Landscape_Blue copy 1

To access the collections database:

www.museum.zoo.cam.ac.uk/collection/online

For research access to the collections: