[Nhcoll-l] Desperately seeking GSC radiolarian type collection

Coyne, Michelle (NRCan/RNCan) michelle.coyne at canada.ca
Tue Jan 14 10:21:07 EST 2020

Hello everyone,

I am looking for a lost collection labeled and published under Geological Survey of Canada type numbers but never surrendered after publication.  The Newfoundland radiolarian specimens were published from 2002-2015 by W.J. (Bill) Iams & Mun-Zu Won.  I am not able to find any current contact information for these research scientists.  Bill Iams retired from Memorial University in Newfoundland, Canada and took the specimens with him.  Mun-Zu Won was associated with Pusan National University in Korea.  They worked with Katherine Reed at the USGS and I'm wondering if the collection could have been sent south of the border?

If anyone has current contact information or knows with whom the collection currently resides, I would be grateful the lead.  You can contact me at:
Michelle.Coyne at Canada.ca

Thank you,

Michelle Coyne

Curator - Geological Survey of Canada - Central and Northern Canada Branch
Natural Resources Canada / Government of Canada
Michelle.Coyne at Canada.ca / Tel : (613) 996-9348

Conservatrice - Commission géologique du Canada - Direction du Centre et du Nord du Canada
Ressources naturelles Canada / Gouvernement du Canada
Michelle.Coyne at Canada.ca / Tél : (613)996-9348