[Nhcoll-l] Sam Noble Museum: partial reopening for loans

Lupia, Richard rlupia at ou.edu
Mon Jul 6 13:36:22 EDT 2020

Colleagues:

As part of the University of Oklahoma's phased reopening, incoming and outgoing loans will be processed in consultation with the appropriate collection staff. New loan requests will be filled depending on staff availability and collections access. By arrangement with staff, institutions and individuals may ship collections back or return specimen loans to the Museum at this time.

Collection visits and in-person use of our collections remain suspended at this time and until further notice. Researchers may continue to access collection information online through collection databases (https://samnoblemuseum.ou.edu/collections-and-research/) or through data aggregators.

We are constantly monitoring this dynamic situation. The Sam Noble Museum will return to full operations when we are advised that it is safe to do so.

If there are questions for a particular collection, feel free to email the curators and curatorial staff directly.

Sincerely,

Richard Lupia
Associate Director and Head Curator, Sam Noble Museum
Associate Professor, School of Geosciences
University of Oklahoma
2401 Chautauqua Avenue
Norman OK 73072
<rlupia at ou.edu>