[Nhcoll-l] Algae in jars - to refill or not to refill

Gali Beiner gali.beiner at mail.huji.ac.il
Wed Jul 29 06:53:38 EDT 2020

Hi Simon,

Thanks for a very informative response! The Herbarium staff feel that these
algae may be too fragile (too friable) to transfer to paper sheets. In
addition, yes, salts (crystals) are indeed present in quite a few of the
specimens. Preparations with seawater are pretty likely in this sort of
fieldwork, so I guess we do have to deal with this problem as well.

Gali

--
*gali.beiner at mail.huji.ac.il <gali.beiner at mail.huji.ac.il>*

*https://nnhc.huji.ac.il/?lang=en <https://nnhc.huji.ac.il/?lang=en>*