[Nhcoll-l] March 10th Webinar - Introduction to Arctos for Mammal Collections

Emily M. Braker emily.braker at colorado.edu
Mon Mar 2 07:55:54 EST 2020

Please join us for an introductory webinar on using Arctos to manage Mammal Collections.

Abstract: The University of Alaska Museum Mammal Collection was one of the first collections to use Arctos. Many of Arctos' primary functions were designed for the UAM Mammal Collection, and the collection has been used to test many new system features over time. This webinar will present an overview of Arctos as a collection management system for mammal collections. We will demonstrate various ways to work with specimen data in bulk and at the individual specimen level. We will follow the digital processes from accession, to data entry, cataloging, object tracking using barcodes, and loans. If time allows we will cover some advanced methods of using media, publications, permits, and projects. Though we will not be able to demonstrate the full array of available Arctos tools in this tutorial, we will introduce the fundamentals of collection management in Arctos using mammal specimen data.

Presenter: Aren Gunderson (Mammal Collection Manager, University of Alaska Museum of the North)

When: Tuesday, March 10, 2020 at 3:00pm ET

Where: https://idigbio.adobeconnect.com/room

Can’t Make It?: View archived recordings here https://arctosdb.org/learn/webinars/

Emily Braker
Vertebrate Collections Manager, Zoology Section
University of Colorado Museum of Natural History
265 UCB, Bruce Curtis Building
Boulder, CO 80309-0218
Phone: 303-492-8466
http://www.colorado.edu/cumuseum/research-collections/vertebrates