[Nhcoll-l] Labels for Collection

Simon Moore couteaufin at btinternet.com
Thu Mar 12 07:43:58 EDT 2020

Hi Bernd,

When I worked last the NHM in London (albeit over 30 years ago) I used to archive original labels in a book archive using self adhesive  Mylar strips of varying size. The old labels' data was copied onto new labels and cross-referenced so that original labels could easily be located.

As to the labels, I will leave that to those who are more experienced with the Tyvek labels.  I never experienced much acid release from Resistall back in the 1990s.

With all good wishes, Simon.

Simon Moore MIScT, RSci, FLS, ACR
Conservator of Natural Sciences and Cutlery Historian,

www.natural-history-conservation.com