[Nhcoll-l] Update: Loan moratorium at NHMLA + LBTP

Trina Roberts troberts at nhm.org
Tue Mar 17 14:54:48 EDT 2020

Dear colleagues,

As of March 17 and until further notice, the Natural History Museum of LA
County and La Brea Tar Pits are no longer processing incoming or outgoing
loans.  I'm sure you will all understand that while this may cause some
inconvenience, it is in the best interests of our staff and our
collections.

In particular, we are unable to guarantee that appropriate staff will be
on-site to receive or process incoming material for the foreseeable
future.  Please do not ship any collections material to us right now,
whether for a new loan or a return.  Our Registrar's Office is also
contacting borrowers individually to reinforce this.

Please get in touch if you need any additional information about our
collections operations or status.  As well as contacting individual staff,
you can always reach our collections team at collections at nhm.org or through
the Registrar's Office at registrar at nhm.org.

Good luck to everyone as we all work through this difficult situation.

--Trina

--
Trina E. Roberts, Ph.D.
Associate VP, Collections