[Nhcoll-l] Online Data Bases

Patti Finkle pfinkle at caspercollege.edu
Thu Oct 29 16:13:14 EDT 2020

Hello all!

I work for a small paleontology museum and we are looking to write a grant
to get a collections assistant who will help us with our backlog, but also
help us load information into a format so that our collections will be
accessible online to researchers. What kinds of online, open access
databases do you recommend we look at or stay away from?

We currently use FileMaker Pro, but are not looking to put all of our info
online, just the basics, so going with FileMaker seems like overkill.
(Also, would you have to have FileMaker on your end to even use it? So many
questions!)

Thank you in advance for your help and advice. We are just starting out on
this project and really don't have any idea what options there are, but we
will be spending the next few weeks learning all about them. ;)

Thanks again,

Patti

--
Patti Wood Finkle
Director of Museums

Correspondence sent to or from this email address is subject to the Wyoming
Public Records Act and may be disclosed to third parties.