[Nhcoll-l] verbatimLabel DarwinCore Field Addition

Tommy McElrath monotomidae at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 14:40:05 EDT 2021

Dear colleagues,
In support of getting a new DarwinCore (DWC) field added (verbatimLabel, see here <https://github.com/tdwg/dwc/issues/32> and here for explanations), I am trying to gauge community support for the addition of this field to get "evidence of demand” from multiple stakeholders.

If you are interested in seeing this field added to DWC, please fill out this short survey (less than two minutes) so I can gauge community support, demand, and current levels of use:
https://forms.gle/AM8Vq9YvSV5EhQhf7 <https://forms.gle/AM8Vq9YvSV5EhQhf7>

Sincerely,

--
TOMMY MCELRATH
Insect Collection Manager

Illinois Natural History Survey
Prairie Research Institute
1816 S. Oak Street | M/C 652
Champaign, IL 61820
217-300-5938 | tcm at illinois.edu <mailto:tcm at illinois.edu>
insect.inhs.illinois.edu <https://insect.inhs.illinois.edu/>

 <https://www.facebook.com/INHSInsects/>     <https://www.instagram.com/inhsinsects/>

 <http://illinois.edu/>

Under the Illinois Freedom of Information Act any written communication to or from university employees regarding university business is a public record and may be subject to public disclosure.